that's right, as you all know, i've embarked on a journey to run 26.2 miles and finish the marine corps marathon on october 29th! at the same time, i'm also fundraising for the leukemia and lymphoma society; you can check out my webpage at http://www.active.com/donate/tntnca04/tntncaSCheng but please keep checking back here for more updates on my crazy adventure!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

return from france

after a wonderful 9-day vacation (which was too short!) i am back stateside in washington, dc. i have to admit, being on vacation made me lazy and i slipped on one of my long runs! i missed a 10-mile run last saturday. but in my defense, it was really cold and raining and would have made for a miserable running experience. the shorter weekday runs that i did were really nice and very scenic. while i don't have photos of me running, i do have one of regis and i, where in the background you can see the beach that i ran on!

mid-week, after regis' brother's wedding, we took off for the bassin d'arcachon (merci beaucoup a benoit et sa famille for letting us crash at their flat!) for a map of where arcachon is, click here. arcachon is really nice; it's in southwest france (near bordeaux) on the atlantic ocean. it's famous for the dune du pilat, which is this large hill of sand that you can climb and when you do, you will see the breathtaking view of the basin below! i'm attaching a photo here, where we are at the top of the dune!

i did some nice runs on the beach. however, i'm nervous for this weekend's long run since i missed my long weekend run last week. this saturday, it's a 20-mile run! eek! this will be my longest run until the marathon! after this weekend, we start tapering, in order to give the body time to repair for the marathon!

until saturday...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with your long run. Don't worry about missing one 10 mile run-- it's pretty typical to miss one sometime during training. I've got my longest run planned for this weekend, too, I'll be glad to finish that.

3:09 AM

 
Blogger stephers said...

good luck with your long run as well! we shall see how it goes. i was really tired after the 18 mile run, which kind of worries me, but maybe because i'll be running with a group this time rather than by myself, it will help keep my mind off my tired body!

9:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home