that's right, as you all know, i've embarked on a journey to run 26.2 miles and finish the marine corps marathon on october 29th! at the same time, i'm also fundraising for the leukemia and lymphoma society; you can check out my webpage at http://www.active.com/donate/tntnca04/tntncaSCheng but please keep checking back here for more updates on my crazy adventure!

Friday, September 01, 2006

learning a new technology...

at 7:30 yesterday morning, right after waking up, i went on a 4-mile run. starting out half asleep, i haphazardly put my ipod sensor into my shoe key contraption and went out the door. after running a mile, i was suprised that i had not yet heard someone over my earphones tell me "you have run 1 mile," so i looked at my ipod and noticed that it read 0.06 miles! uhm, what?

so i bent down to check my little sensor and realized that it was placed backwards so that the apple nike sign was facing down into the ground instead of up towards the sky. i never thought that this would affect the sensor's ability to work. but after i changed it and went about my run, it registered the next 3 miles. so for all you ipod+nike people out there, make sure your sensor is facing upwards!

i'm heading home to the bay area this weekend for labor day weekend. hopefully it will be much more sunny than here, where it is expected to rain rain RAIN because of hurricane ernesto! i'm planning on running 18 miles, from my sister's place by the giants' stadium, along the embarcadero, across the golden gate bridge, and then back home again! we'll see if i make it! if you want to check out the route i plan to do, click here.

by the way, i finally got race photos emailed to me from the new york city half marathon. at the event, they actually have a ton of cameramen/women to take photos of runners. anyway, here are a couple of me during the race and after i crossed the finish line! until sunday's run...


running in the rain in times square



cruising the west side highway




and finally finished with the race!

2 Comments:

Blogger regis said...

you're such a star!! good luck for the golden bridge, don't do too much since your plan is already over 18miles!

7:45 PM

 
Blogger stephers said...

thanks regis! don't worry, after 18 miles i was too tired to run another second!

and thanks for posting the photo kelvin! ;-)

2:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home