that's right, as you all know, i've embarked on a journey to run 26.2 miles and finish the marine corps marathon on october 29th! at the same time, i'm also fundraising for the leukemia and lymphoma society; you can check out my webpage at http://www.active.com/donate/tntnca04/tntncaSCheng but please keep checking back here for more updates on my crazy adventure!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

a long weekday run

since i'm heading to france tomorrow (yah!) for regis' brother's wedding, i will not be running with my team for the 18 mile run they are doing this weekend. in fact, rather than have to run this weekend, i decided to do my long run during the week. so this morning, at 6:45am i dragged myself out of bed, threw on my clothes and hit the trails. it was dark, cold and rainy! however, i got through it. one thing that i love about dc is that you can run to a different state (something that is really hard to achieve in california!) so today, i started out in dc and then ran over to virginia and then back to dc again! anyway, i logged in 9.6 miles and all before the workday! if you want to check out the route, click here. i should have taken a photo of me after i finished a run so i could post it on here, because i looked crazy! my hair (which was down for the entire run) was tangled, sweaty and super big! my hair had expanded 2 feet away from my head. it was ridiculous. coupled with the fact that i was sweaty and tired, let me tell you that i looked like a million bucks!

since i got my long run out of the way, now, on saturday, i can just chill and cross train by getting my groove on out on the dance floor!

i'll write after i get back, with tales of running in france. hopefully i'll remember to take my camera on my run and take photos of auvergne! a+, mes amis. avez une bonne semaine et bisous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home