that's right, as you all know, i've embarked on a journey to run 26.2 miles and finish the marine corps marathon on october 29th! at the same time, i'm also fundraising for the leukemia and lymphoma society; you can check out my webpage at http://www.active.com/donate/tntnca04/tntncaSCheng but please keep checking back here for more updates on my crazy adventure!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

learning experiences...

on wednesday, i went on a mellow 4 mile run, my first run after my somewhat scary running experience on sunday.

you're probably thinking, what happened on sunday? well, since i opted to run a 4 mile race (oops i mean 5 mile race) on saturday instead of run 12 miles with my team, i had to make up the long run on sunday. so on sunday evening, i set off for my 12 mile run. because saturday's race was more strenuous than normal, since it was a race and i was running much faster that normal, my plan was to run, see how i felt and stop when i got tired. at 9 miles, my legs were sore and my body was tired, so i stopped running and walked the rest of the way home. not sure whether it was because i was dehydrated or because i didn't have any other substances/food with me besides water (when you run more than 6 miles you're supposed to drink/eat something else besides water, such as gatorade, gu, jelly beans, powerbar) but when i got home, i felt really bad and later on, threw up! my lesson from all of this? that for the rest of my long runs, i will drink plenty of water also take gu/jelly beans/gatorade!

as i was saying, yesterday's run was much more pleasant and it was nice to get back out there, after taking monday and tuesday to recuperate.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn it, it was a 5 mile run, 5 5 5 5 5 5 5, not 4!

4:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home